Why is NSNA/CNSA membership important?
NSNA/CNSA is your professional connection to nursing. We encourage everyone to apply for membership into this great organization. It is a nice resume builder and most importantly, it puts you one step ahead in ensuring a successful career as a nurse!
You can be a member before, during, and after nursing school. Your membership unites you with students and professionals who share your vision and who are shaping the future of nursing.
Membership gives you the opportunity to broaden your knowledge of the nursing profession, gain leadership experience, and participate in community outreach. It will also give you access to professional role models, as well as a wealth of benefits and opportunities to network and plan your career.
As a member of Saddleback College CNSA (SC-CNSA), you enjoy:
· Meetings which provide access to speakers who come to share their knowledge and experience in a variety of nursing settings
· Free lunch at all general SC-CNSA meetings
· Discounts on used uniforms at the SC-CNSA Used Uniform Sales
· Discounts on SC-CNSA merchandise
· Opportunities to join the SC-CNSA Executive Board and gain valuable leadership experience
Other exciting benefits of NSNA/CNSA membership include:
· All members receive Imprint, NSNA’s official magazine published by and for nursing students five times during the academic year. Imprint contains articles on current trends and issues in nursing, career development, NSNA meetings and evens, membership benefits, and association and national news. Imprint is the only publication addressing nursing student perspectives and serving student needs. This year’s editorial focuses include: the baby boomer retirement, the dynamics of diversity, career planning, and more.
· 25% discount on the NCLEX-RN Review published by Delmar, Cengage Learning.
· 5% discount at the NSNA Online Bookstore sponsored by Barnes & Noble.com plus free standard shipping for orders over $25. The NSNA Online Bookstore features nursing and leadership titles and other eligible products such as college textbooks, music, and movies.
· Special reduced rates for nursing magazines, computer software, quality nursing apparel and accessories, textbooks, reduced registration rates for the NSNA Annual Convention and the MidYear Conference.
· Members and their eligible spouse and dependents can purchase student injury and sickness insurance provided by UnitedHealthcare StudentResources. Plans include prescription drug coverage and continuation privilege for a period of up to nine months after graduation if eligible.
· Discounts on professional liability insurance through the Nurses Service Organization (NSO). Coverage through NSO provides members with malpractice protection for up to $1 million per claim, up to $6 million annually, for only $29 a year. After you graduate and begin to take on full nursing duties, you’ll be eligible for a 50% discount off the full-time nurse’s premium as a First-year Graduate (good for 12 months following graduation date).
· Members can get involved in their school chapters and state associations, as well as in NSNA. Involvement may include Breakthrough to Nursing Projects, community health activities, legislation and education activities, conventions, educational programs, newsletters, disaster planning and other shared-governance leadership opportunities
NSNA/CNSA Membership Dues:
$35 for one year membership ($40 for renewal)
$70 for two year membership*
*This represents a $5 discount to members who sign up for a two year membership